Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Cleanup and verification of the ECAP program source files
READING CARDS AND SHARING WITH 1130 SIMULATOR USERS
The decks I read yesterday need a bit of reorganization, which I will do later today and then re-run them through the simulator. That will give me a good idea of the potential rate of misread and necessary fixup.
I found one card misread for fortran module ECA02, read it in again and got a clean compile. I had an odd DUP error I will need to investigate on ECA08, but was compiling and storing cleanly until the module that spanned from box 2 to box 3, ECA36. There was a card in ECA36 that was misread but only mangled the sequence numbers. I re-read it anyway to create a clean source deck. Still no good.
A few cards must have been dropped out of the box, since they are skipped in sequence number but also not present physically in the card box. The compilation failed with errors related to lack of having an *IOCS directive, which was totally consistent with the skipped cards which began right after another * directive card. I put in the likely directive cards, mirroring what was used in other modules. but I get a compiler error at the last card and a message that variable KK is undefined.
Continuing onward, putting ECA36 aside for now, I successfully compiled and stored most modules, although I found a chunk of the last of box 4 and beginning of box 5 that was a big garbled looking. I read that whole section again and got clean compiles and saves for them.
It turned out that three cards were mis-sequenced, placed in another spot in the deck in a location that would be silently ignored. I found them and put them into ECA36. Everything compiles and the test data seems to get reasonable results.
I split up all the source files into seperate modules and sent them all to Richard. As soon as he gives the nod to their correctness, I can send them to Brian and Norm for the IBM1130.org site.