Friday, May 26, 2023

Verifying key functionality with small focused test programs, part 5

NEW APPROACH TO SEE THE PICK SIGNAL FROM THE LINUX PROGRAM

I selected the signal HPS_I2C1_SCLK found on the LTC connector pin 11 as a new connection point for the -pick signal. This is analogous to my use of HPS_I2C1_SDAT on LTC pin 9 for the touch pad interrupt signal. Both of those are routed to the GPIO1 bank of signals on the hard processor system where Linux and my applications run. I will already have addressability to that bank of signals because of the touch pad interrupt, thus we only need to add a bit in the mask to check this signal along with the other one. 

TEST PROGRAM SET UP TO VERIFY THIS

I took the program that validated my use of the LTC-9 pin, modified it to also look at LTC-11 and report the state of both. When I ran the test program I did see the state toggle on and off as I either wired LTC-11 to 3.3V or to ground. This completes all the functionality tests I intended, so that I can move on to larger scale testing. 

The next verifications I want to accomplish relate to the LCD screen and touch pad. First writing some text to the screen so that I can be sure I understand the addressing and the library calls involved. Second drawing a button to again understand the library calls and addressing. Third to test the touchpad results returned to distinguish between touches on the up button, the down button and the select button. Fourth, to display a bitmap on the screen of a 2315 cartridge as this will be displayed while the drive is turned on with a selected virtual cartridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment