Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Finally have board and can begin to work on the project

BIG SIGN TAPED TO FRONT DOOR, DHL COURIER FINALLY LEFT PCB PACKAGE

After receiving an error from the DHL website that I had exceeded my quota of delivery change requests as I tried to correct the phone number they put in the notes, I printed a sign for the front door of my building alerting the courier to just leave the package outside that door and call me. 

The customer service line yesterday told me they put my phone number in the notes, but the number there was a long amalgam of the number of JLCPCB.com and my number that would NOT have reached me. Sigh. Since it was more than ten minutes wait for the agent on chat last time, plus pauses while they read the delivery file, I went with a more direct method of communciation.

It worked! The package was left in front of the door as I requested. 

BEEPING OUT CONNECTIONS (JUST BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A PITA TO DESOLDER)

I made sure of a number of connections:

  • No shorts between power lines and ground
  • Continuity of screw terminals to their destinations
  • Lack of shorts of screw terminal lines to power rails or ground
  • Lack of shorts between pins of ICs and pins of FPGA socket
  • Continuity of sources to fpga socket pins
  • Correctness of power rails and ground to fpga and ICs
  • correctness of connections of receiver circuits
  • Correctness of connections of power supply and regulator
  • Correctness of connections for LED signals

TESTING MECHANICAL FIT

I fitted a few screw terminals to be sure that I had access to add and change wires to all the terminals with the relatively dense arrangement on the PCB. Similarly, I tested the fit of connector parts and other components to be sure I didn't get the mechanical layout wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment