Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Building BMP images for the user interface

UP AND DOWN ARROWS

I found a green up arrow image at http://cliparts.co/circular-arrow-clip-art and edited it to the desired 130x130 pixel size. I also rotated it 180 degrees and saved it as a down arrow image. 


I have a placeholder for the 2315 disk cartridge image that I want to display while the drive is active. This one is from a site that does not allow use for commercial purposes. I will take my own picture of a cartridge and process it to the 480x320 size I need, replacing this placeholder. I actually created it the wrong way, narrow and tall, sigh 

CHANGING CODE TO LOAD THESE SMALLER BMP FILES ON MY USER INTERFACE

I had to create a modified version of the LCD_BMP.c code that was provided with the Waveshare library with the LCD Module purchase, as that file will only load a BMP that is exactly screen size. I need a version that will load the 130x130 sized arrow images and will place it in the desired location on the screen. 

Testing this will need to wait until I have the LCD Module up and working, but it was a coding task I could take on while I was waiting for my cables and jumpers to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment