After some uncertainty surrounding the 'railroad mechanical' issues, the package arrived Tuesday night. Inspecting the part shows me that I might have specified a heavier gauge of metal as there is a bit of flexing of this, but for its purpose as a rear cover it will be fine.
TEST FIT WITH THE HARDWARE TO HOLD IT ON REAR OF THE ENCLOSURE
I had designed a mounting method, but had to dig a bit to find the pages where I wrote this all up. Next step was to round up the hardware I had bought for the mounting. I then assembled the mounts on the door and rear of the 1130's display pedestal.
I am definitely not happy with the mounting method or the way it looks using those parts. Right now I am working out some 3D printed parts to use for an improved mounting system, mixed with a bit of new hardware.
PAINTED AND READY TO PUT INTO PLACE
First coat was a good primer for galvanized finishes. When this had dried I put on a normal primer as a base and let that dry well. The last step was the color coat, which I tried to get close to the IBM Classic Gray color.
I thought it was acceptable for its location on the back of the machine. Once I have the final mounting hardware the cover will be put onto the machine.