Monday, August 31, 2020

RPF working well now

 COMPARING MOSELEY AND TK4- MVS SYSTEMS HIGHLIGHTED DIFFERENCES

There were quite a few differences but I first zeroed in on the variations that I suspected might have caused the observed symptoms. Some I ignored because they didn't seem likely to account for the misbehavior - for example, the good system has RPF V1R5M3 while the bad system was running a newer V1R8M0.

I began to narrow down my investigation to the parameters and procedures that start up TSO under TCAM. In the parameter library SYS1.PARMLIB, the primary member that controls TSO is IJKPRM00 but there is also a member TSOKEY00 to consider. Nothing in the SYS1.PROCLIB procedure that starts timesharing looked meaningful, nor did the CLISTs executed at login. 

IKJPRM00 member of SYS1.PARMLIB

I carried the entries from the TK4- system back to the Moseley MVS 3.8J and updated IKJPRM00 and TSOKEY00 there. When I then logged into TCAM TSO and ran RPF, it worked perfectly! The likely causes are the buffer size and quantities specified in IKJPRM00. While I could do a binary search changing individual lines in the file, that isn't important to me. What matters is having full RPF use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment