Monday, April 23, 2018

1130 Console Printer emulator working to spec, waiting only to connect to real IBM 1130

COMPLETED OFFLINE TESTING OF IBM 1130 CONSOLE PRINTER (1053) EMULATOR

I wrapped up my testing today, using one Arduino as a test driver to simulate signals from the 1130 going to the emulator device I built. Everything is working exactly as I intended, particularly when used with a terminal emulator such as PuTTY that supports ANSI colors and the ASCII codes for backspace, new line, return etc.
Test validating lower case characters in black and upper in red
This is as far as I can go until I finish wiring up the device and can plug it into a real 1130 system to verify that it works properly in actual use. I have holes to drill and cut, parts to mount to the box, wires to identify from the SMS paddle cards and cables to wire into place. Should be another day or so before this can be set in place near my 1130 until I can rearrange the garage to power it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment