My cardboard light masks came back from the laser cutting service. I had to make a few additions but they do fit properly. I am now ready to begin gluing up the sandwich of materials on the PCB face. First are the electroluminescent wires, then the black light dam. Next is the cutout for the plus/minus signs. Third would be the diffuser paper over the signs. Finally, the light masks are glued down.
I have also frosted the rear of both acrylic panels. White for the indicator panel and light gray for the EL panel side. These are now ready to have the labeling installed on the front with dry rub-on decals.
|Frosted acrylic on left, plus cardboard light dam|
Case and faceplate
I cleaned, primed and painted the case and faceplate in the light gray I chose. I did not try to exactly match the Apollo spacecraft color, simply to produce a plausible gray that the brain will associate with pictures of the installed DSKYs.
|Painted enclosure and panel covers|