Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Components arrived as I wait for a seeming eternity for the PCBs to be completed

 FAB WORKING ON THE PCBS

It seems like the proverbial watching paint drying, but I check in every day to see the glacial creep of the progress indicator for the production of my boards. Today it reached 57% on its journey to the predicted completion on April 2nd, after which they have to be shipped across the ocean. 

COMPONENTS ARRIVED AND READY

It wasn't worth the effort to harvest any of the surface mount 6.8K resistors, nor to remove the header pins and sockets. I now have several hundred 0603 sized resistors, rows of header strips and rows of socket strips waiting to begin installation on the PCB. The large wire terminal blocks also arrived this week.

STAYING BUSY

In the interim, I am cleaning out excess possessions and donating or selling them off. Goodwill received over 20 large garbage bags full of clothing, for example. I sold a Tektronix 7854 oscilloscope and am in the process of selling a couple dozen plug-ins. 

I completed some work on the thru-wall air conditioner in the den, which involved carpentry and a lot of muscling tools and materials around. Just a matter of going through the long term list of tasks and repairs around the house, but it keeps me busy while I wait, wait and wait some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment