Sunday, June 25, 2023

User interface test verification part 2

FINISHING UP AND DOWN ROCKER PRESSES

My testing uncovered a couple of subtle flaws but I have the interface responding exactly as it should to all the up and down rocker presses. I did some edge cases with exactly one screen and only one file just to double check, but everything here is solid. 

I even injected a Heads Loaded signal which triggered my program to throw up the picture of the cartridge and go into disk emulation mode. I wasn't intended on debugging this yet so I stopped with the cartridge visible. 

SELECTION TOGGLE BUTTON SHOULD CHANGE STATE APPROPRIATELY

The Selection Toggle Button flips the state of the filename that is currently pointed to by the user interface. As we move up and down, without having selected a file, we are simply moving the highlighting among file names. Pushing the button will flip that entry from highlighting to selected, as well as triggering actions such as loading the file into the system for use by the IBM 1130. 

If we have already selected a filename, then pushing the button turns off the selection, allowing normal movement of the up and down arrows. 

When I first pushed the selection with a certain file highlighted, I received a failure from my module that was attempting to open the virtual cartridge image file. That is my next session of debugging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment