Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Small progress today on SAC Interface box


SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

Virtual 2501 reader debugging

I continue to be unsatisfied with the behavior during testing, even though yesterday it seemed I was wrapping up the final issues. The logic in the fpga is getting a restructuring to tighten it up now that I know how everything should be working.

Medium speed SPI link work

I worked a while on the approach I will use to connect microcontrollers on the end of an SPI link operating at 1MHz, which I call the medium speed link. It is a one byte wide link

POSSIBLE TWEAK TO MY DMS SYSTEM TO USE VIRTUAL 2501 RATHER THAN 1442

I am looking into the possibility that I can make slight changes to the disk cartridge, without having to load an entire DMS system just to switch the reader to a 2501. It looks feasible, since the monitor control analyzer fetches the appropriate input and output code when it is given control at the end of execution of each user or other program.

This appears to use two fields in the disk based common area (DCOM), at sector 1 of the cart, to determine the reader and printer types. I think I can just change these words and cause the monitor to attempt to read from the 2501 rather than the 1442 that was configured for the system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment