Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Debugging of virtual and mirror device adapters, plus new test tool

SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

The enhanced PC side on the Linux laptop is working well now and its non-device functions seem solid. It can simultaneously work with the fpga over the USB link from different threads, such as the continual system status display and the function to load core memory with the contents of a PC file.

I therefore began debugging the device logic. I loaded the DCIP standalone utility (Disk copy and initialize utility) so I could work on both the 1053 console mirror device and the virtual 2310 disk drive.

Of course they didn't work perfectly the first time. I am now injecting diagnostic output into the drivers so that I can see what it is doing and figure out how to fix any defects. I ran out of time today, being pretty busy with my regular job, and will have limited time tomorrow since I visit the CHM on Wednesdays.

BLUE ESR TESTER ASSEMBLY

I bought an ESR meter kit, the Blue ESR tester designed by Dick Smith, and put it together tonight when it arrived. Now that it is calibrated and working well, I can use it to check out the quality of capacitors on the 1401 systems at CHM as well as for my own projects. Blue ESR Meter description

No comments:

Post a Comment