Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Minor progress on Python code and new disk drive coming

SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

I did some testing today and found the muddle of various patches and diagnostic changes I made are getting out of hand. I had to sit down, look over the code and retest it on the PC before I fire up the 1130 again. It is hard to test when you can't count on the code being in the right state at all.

By the end of the evening I had the code in pretty good shape. When I next get a chance to test on the 1130, I should be back to testing the functionality itself.

DIABLO MODEL 30 DRIVE ACQUIRED

I picked up a model 30 drive which is close to the model that came with my 1130 - although my drive had crashed heads. I probably can restore the drive to operation for direct use with the 1130 system and compatibility with all the front loading 2315 type disk cartridges I have on hand. The Pertec and Perkin Elmer drives, on the other hand, use a top loading 5440 type cartridge. While they could hold data and be accessed by the 1130, they cannot interchange cartridges.
Mino

No comments:

Post a Comment