Thursday, April 15, 2021

Glacial movement of supplies while I bide my time

 3D PRINTED LAMP HOLDER PRODUCTION

I had a quote from 3Dhubs.com to produce 165 holders for an attractive price, with a production completion date of April 14 and delivery by the 21st using a medium priced shipping option. 

I was contacted a few days ago by customer service letting me know that the manufacturing partner informed them that the job will take an extra day to complete - April 15. As a consequence, 3Dhubs.com upgraded my shipping at no charge to 1 day which was more than fair.

Today, when the parts should be shipping, the status remains 'in production' and not yet moved to 'quality inspection'. Hopefully they will not be further delayed. On the other hand, having shoddy unusable parts early is not a good alternative; happy to wait a bit to get good parts.

2114 BULB DELIVERIES

The bulbs were ordered from Genesis.com on April 12, listed as in stock and per their website should have shipped within 24 hours. It is now April 15 and the order is still showing 'in fulfillment' status. I can theoretically remove all the bulbs from my existing header strips and remount them on new strips in the plastic holders, but I won't have much tolerance for any that are damaged or can't be remounted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment