Monday, June 13, 2022

Installed SQL Server, imported signals into database, preparing for my debugging session today

DOWNLOADED MS SQL SERVER DEVELOPER EDITION

Microsoft provides a free license for non-production uses of SQL Server, thus I downloaded and installed the database on my laptop. I also installed the SQL Server Management tool to issue queries to the database.

IMPORTED MY SIGNALS SPREADSHEET TO CREATE A DATABASE

It was easy to export a CSV format file from the spreadsheet, which was importable into my new database. It found the columns and loaded all the entries. I listed it all and was satisfied with the result. Also checked that I could pull up entries with some SQL statements. 

LISTED SIGNALS OF INTEREST FOR MY CURRENT DEBUGGING FOCUS

I listed all the connections for the signals of interest causing the failure with the Run and stop logic of the machine. I also printed a signal I want to check involved in the reset of the Keyboard request for an interrupt, since that problem remains outstanding.

Finally, since I had one failure in connectivity between an edge connector (slot N4 in Compartment C1 of gate A), I listed all the signals connecting to that slot, for a bit of investigation to other possible trace failures going to that slot. 

Listing signals on a given edge connector slot

No comments:

Post a Comment