Saturday, June 4, 2022

Completed all 1130 registers for phase 2 of database, next up are the device controller pages

ALL REGISTER PAGES ENTERED, CPU ITSELF IS COMPLETE

I am at the 60% point in entering data for the second pass of the ALDs, with nothing left to do but the device controller logic pages. Roughly 100 more ALD pages to finish up phase 2 and do cleanup. There are now 6, 156 entries in the spreadsheet. 

HOSED MYSELF AND HAD TO FIX THE DAMAGE

I suffered a self-inflicted wound in that somehow I set the Search/Replace function of SoftOffice Planmaker, an Excel style spreadsheet application, to search all of the document rather than just the selected range of cells. Thus, when I copied a set of 30 lines to build the next two register bits and attempted to globally change all the Bit 0 entries to Bit 1 in just those lines, I changed hundreds of lines in error.

I didn't notice at that time, only finding it after a save and the next attempt to globally change just the card number from B4 to C4 when it altered some 380 entries not just 30. I couldn't undo the original error, so I had to manually fix things up.

That meant sorting everything into netname order, as the netname begins with the ALD page name. I could then find every line that mentioned a Bit 1, look at the corresponding ALD page, and change it back to Bit 0 if appropriate or leave it as Bit 1. This took a decent amount of (wasted) time but it wasn't as bad as it first appeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment