Saturday, March 25, 2023

While fighting the USB drive access by VMWare, the virtual machine came back!

REBUILT THE UBUNTU LINUX IMAGE AND RETURNED TO QUARTUS WORK

Although the virtual machine did resume booting up and Quartus would launch, I thought that the condition of the files on it was suspect. I used a USB Drive to retrieve the entire project directory but encountered a number of errors trying to read certain files and directories, which reinforced my assessment that this virtual machine image wasn't usable

I set up an entirely new Ubuntu image and installed Quartus on it, going carefully through the many scattered documents on the Intel site. One listed quite a few libraries that should be added to Ubuntu Enterprise, with no separate guidance about Ubuntu Desktop which I was running, all of which I added or updated before installing Quartus.

The image is up, I finished up the fixes for the environmental variables that I had previously had to discover. At this point the system appears to be working properly.

RECREATED THE PROJECT ON MY NEW LINUX IMAGE

I moved all the source files over and then used Platform Designer (QSYS) to create the System on a Chip (SoC) and link it into my FPGA code. I am now in the process of working through various issues getting everything compiled successfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment