Sunday, April 28, 2024

Ordered PCBs for DMA version of core memory loader; shop almost completely prepped for move

TOOK A SLIGHT GAMBLE AND SENT PCB OUT TO BE FABRICATED

I have completed circuit simulations which appear to show that my state machine is solid. The remaining logic is very straightforward, essentially just a buffer that is enabled when the state machine is in one of its states. I had intended to breadboard everything and check the entire logic behavior before handing over the Gerber files to JLCPCB but while I am moving the shop I can't move forward on that. 

The cost of the PCB is only $7 plus shipping, therefore not a huge risk if I discover that I need a changed board. I sent them off so that I will have them back about when I am ready to solder on components. I will also send off my order to Digikey for the parts, with the only serious risk being the need to buy additional components causing some delay and shipping costs if I got anything wrong. 

SHOP ALMOST COMPLETELY READY TO BE MOVED

While the move date is May 3, seemingly allowing plenty of time to work on packing, I am taking a short trip to visit my daughter beginning tonight, thus I only arrive home on May 1 with other appointments taking up some of my time on the 1st and 2nd. That is why I wanted it substantially completed by today.

I have just three folding tables with some loose items on them that need to be packed. I also have to tape down the lids on a number of the containers I will be moving so that they don't spill if they tip over. It isn't a lot of work, but I will put in another couple of hours today to get as close to complete as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment