Friday, April 26, 2024

Rotate tape installed on SSM 1053, curve tracer images of two transistors

ROTATE TAPE REPLACED ON SSM 1053

The broken tape was replaced with a pristine new tape. It took about twenty minutes of fiddling inserting the T shaped end into the slot on the rotate pulley, beneath the tilt pulley and tape. All it needs now is to check and perhaps readjust the typewriter for the best printing performance. 

Right side with rotate and tilt tapes in place

Left side with rotate tape visible

CURVES FOR 086 AND 2N214 TRANSISTORS

I had snapped a picture of the traces for both transistors, just to show how different they are and how bad the 086 appears when it runs away. These transistors are operating with less than 9 volts across the Emitter-Collector junction and no more than 2.5ma of base current. 

IBM 086 in distress and oscillation

Well behaved but low beta (Hfe)

MAJOR EFFORT TO PREPARE SHOP FOR MOVING

Although I don't begin moving into the new shop until May 3, I have almost no time to prepare before then. I have only two half days on May 1 and 2 not already spoken for. 

On Saturday, I will spend much of the day at Cape Canaveral SF Base in support of Cape Canaveral Family Day, but I will be doing major touring of facilities I normally don't get into, such as the Operations center, Naval NOTU, Blue Origin, Relativity Space and others. 

My wife and I will then dash up to Providence RI to visit our daughter, leaving Sunday and returning midday on Wednesday. That leaves Wednesday afternoon and the parts of Thursday where we don't have appointments in which to finish organizing boxes, knocking down all the tables and packing up remaining loose items. 


No comments:

Post a Comment