Thursday, December 30, 2021

Threw away MS Visual Studio as it seems broken, installed Pelles C, working to compile cardread.exe

 Pelles C looks like a great alternative that supports the resource files, is Windows 10 compatible and is free. I installed it and began to build the program but now I have some code to clean up in order to get this to compile at all.

First, some functions were defined with void as a parameter then implemented with an empty parameter list. This compiler throws an error, so I added in the void to get past this point.

More troublesome is the lack of strcmpi the case insensitive string compare function. There does not appear to be an available standard function that does the same, e.g. will return equal when comparing 'Carl' and 'carl'. Assuming I can resolve this neatly I should be read to build and test the program as it was distributed by Brian Knittel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment