Friday, April 7, 2023

Starting to build the user interface code to control the LCD panel and touch screen

PROVIDED EXAMPLES AREN'T READY TO DROP IN

The provided examples aren't written for the module I bought, they are for similar modules but with some key differences. For example, the code believes it is controlling the LCD backlight intensity by sending numerical values to a digital to analog converter but my module has a binary control signal with the light either on or off.

I suspect there are going to be other differences as well, some that will need code changes to reflect the actual hardware I am using. The code mentions it is from an epaper demo project, but my device is an LCD panel and touch screen.

The code also assumes it will run on an Arduino or similar microcontroller, with pin assignments and include files for that environment. This too will require some changes to have this compile and run under Yocto Linux on the ARM based Hard Processor System of my board. 

WRITING MY OWN CODE USING THE EXAMPLES FOR GUIDANCE

As a result of the above issues, I will write (and debug) my own software to drive the module. The provided code, while not usable, illustrates the exact sequences of commands and data to be sent to the LCD module for various purposes. I can mimic those sequences to produce my desired results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment