Saturday, March 30, 2024

New cord installed, line filter closed up, almost done unwiring the sequencer box

LINE FILTER BOLTED DOWN AND COVERS INSTALLED

The new cord is wired into the line filter and everything is closed up. It is ready to be plugged into the building power once the sequencer box restoration is complete. 

making connections

SEQUENCER BOX PARTS AND WIRE BUNDLES ALMOST COMPLETELY REMOVED

I continued to strip parts out of the box and disconnect wires, with the aim of removing the entire damaged wire bundle so that I can copy it. I am almost done, but I have a balky screw holding the contactor onto the box. The convenience outlet has to be removed after that and all will be loose. 

The small terminal strip on the bottom, TB-7, had screws and posts that were so corroded by mouse urine that they couldn't be removed. The strip broke and will need replacement. 

Almost all out of box

PLENTY OF WORK AHEAD BUT THE END GAME IS A CLEAN WORKING POWER SYSTEM

I am pleased with the restoration of the raw DC power supply and the new power cord on the line filter. I believe that rock solid power is the essential base for a restored mainframe. 


Once I have a replacement wire bundle, I can begin the installation of parts and rewiring of the sequencer box. As far as I can tell from the visual inspection of the system, this is the last big item to undertake before I begin power testing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment