Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Gave up on U-Haul, going to plan B with them

Monday I called again just in case the four boxes were actually scheduled for delivery that day, but as you could guess from the past experiences I had, nothing was scheduled or even noted in the records. At this point I decided that I needed to unload the four U-Boxes at the warehouse into a truck, drive them over to the workshop and unload them there.

I first attempted to contact a local moving firm but after they heard more about the move, particularly the 1000 pound weight of the 1130 and the other challenges, they passed on the work. I would need to become the contractor and put together the move myself.

The four pods are scheduled to be available outdoors on Wednesday morning at the warehouse for me to unload them. I have booked a 26' truck from U-Haul and arranged for a group of three movers to do the loading and unloading work. I estimate it will be about six hours all told to pull the equipment out of the four U-boxes, load them into the truck, get the truck driven 12 miles to the workshop, then have the crew unload the truck and place the items in my shop. 

All is looking good. I got an email confirmation from U-Haul about access to my four boxes on Wednesday. I see the rental confirmation for the truck on Wednesday morning. I got a text and call from the moving labor group as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment