Monday, October 24, 2022

Data returned from the response FIFO correctly, not getting up to Arduino properly

NEXT SET OF RUNS SHOW THAT MY RESPONSE FIFO IS WORKING PROPERLY

I set the internal logic analyzer core to detect when I was reading the sixth word of the sector, by triggering on the return pattern 0006 and then watching all the related signals such as the SPI state machine.

The value 0006 is clearly detected and the state machine moves forward, thus my problem lies somewhere past the FIFO. It may be in the timing of passing the data word to the SPI outbound routine, in the way that the message is encoded on the SPI link itself, or on how the Arduino routine is detecting the results. 

I will reimplement with new watched signals to view the handoff from FIFO to the SPI out routine and inspect the word passed to the SPI logic. It would be wonderful if I could directly monitor the SPI link from a logic analyzer core, but the SPI clock is not continuous thus I can't start a logic core that is driven by the SPI clock. All signals in that clock domain, MISO, MOSI and SCLK itself, are thus inaccessible by the internal analyzer cores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment