Friday, March 20, 2015

SAC Interface PC link testing

SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

I spent quite a bit of the precious time I had today fighting some more with the various parts of the new solution, before I could power up the fpga with a PC program and feel I was seeing real data displaying on screen.

For example, to speak with the USB device using PyUSB means that various libUSB libraries and python bindings have to be installed, otherwise it just complains there is no back end. The unique vendor and product ID returned for the ztex default firmware won't install the right driver on Windows, so that special tools are needed to get that working. It just goes on and on, an infinite spiral of problems, products and needed study.

I did get the Python program talking to the USB controller on the fpga board, but am still working on the logic in the Spartan 6. It is close to working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment