Thursday, September 23, 2021

Hunting the elusive motherboard for x235 server

 MOTHERBOARD PART NUMBER FOR MY VERSION IS 23K4588

I see other part numbers on eBay but the two that are the same are both in Europe, come with a high shipping cost and too boot are very steeply priced. I turned my hunt elsewhere.

FIRST TRY TO BUY ONE

I found an outfit, Memory4Less.com, that listed one board at a reasonable price. After buying it with Paypal, dealing with them cancelling the first payment over a supposed mismatch of shipping address with the Paypal address, then accepting the identical payment the second time. Sadly, a day later they cancelled due to 'out of stock and no ETA from their distributor'. In other words, selling what they didn't have.

SECOND TIME IS THE CHARM (I HOPE)

I then found a board that showed up on ebay with a local US address, bought it, and hopefully will have an intact planar in just a few days. Meanwhile, I am waiting for parts for my new Documation card reader interface so I am on pause at the workshop. I will go to Disneyworld tomorrow instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment