Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Working on the chassis of the x235 server that houses the P390, plus extender cards are nearby

 USPS RAISES PERISCOPE, EXITS STEALTH MODE WITH EXTENDER BOARD PACKAGE

Out of the blue, I received an email this morning that the extender boards were out for delivery today. It had been a week since they were briefly spotted in Chicago and then activated the postal cloaking device. I expect to visit the workshop Thursday, as I have an old childhood friend visiting tomorrow, but on that day I can solder on the connector and extend a working board! 

As an update, USPS didn't leave the extender boards because I wasn't home to sign for it. I scheduled it for pickup tomorrow at the local post office. 

ORDERED AN ALUMINUM BOX FOR THE CARD READER INTERFACE EXTERNAL UNIT

In case the board is picking up noise from motors and solenoids of the card reader, I plan to rebuild it inside an aluminum project box that I ordered for delivery tomorrow. That should eliminate this possible cause of the flaky synchronization issues I am having. 

STRAIGHTENING ALUMINUM CHASSIS OF P390 SERVER

I had to disassemble the chassis, removing the back section with the PCI card support slots since it was so twisted up. This allowed me to bend the remainder of the chassis into good shape. I further have to remove the pop rivets to take the card support section off the rail so that I can get to all sides to attempt to bend it into suitable shape. 

Rest of chassis now in decent shape

Problem section on right
Needs major reshaping

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment