Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Regressed toolchain to old version of Quartus - back on track since this works properly

FAILURES WITH CURRENT 22.x OF QUARTUS MAY BE DUE TO EVOLUTION

Since I am encountered a slew of issues with the TCL and shell scripts that came with the demonstration/reference projects, it may be that the issue is incompatibility between them and the current version of the toolchain I am running. 

Nothing on the Terasic web site addresses my issues nor can I find others with similar issues using web searches, so I will experiment with this theory. If I can get to the version of the toolchain used with the demo projects, which was 16.0, I may get things to behave better. 

LOCATED OLD VERSION 17, ALMOST WHAT WAS USED WITH TERASIC DEMOS

The oldest version hosted by Intel is 17.0, so I picked that up. Removed the new version and regressed to the old flavor. With that in place, it was time to attempt to build the GHRD (Golden Hardware Reference Design) from the Terasic distribution CD image. 

ACID TEST - WILL IT BUILD DEMO VERSIONS SUCCESSFULLY?

My first run through the tools went reasonably well. Not a complete successful build but much less awry than with the current toolchain. I looked over the issues and it was a very simple matter of when to run the supplied TCL scripts that set the pin locations and key parameters for the board. I did get a clean build, exactly what I needed to feel comfortable introducing my own design and logic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment