Monday, March 20, 2023

More on the installation software for Quartus on Linux

UBUNTU IS A SUPPORTED LINUX FOR THE INTEL SOFTWARE

I looked over the support requirements for the Quartus toolchain and see that Ubuntu Linux is supported for all the releases I am trying. I therefore don't need to fool around adding yet another Linux image under VMware under Windows on my laptop. 

BOTH RELEASE 17.0 AND 17.1 MALFUNCTION

Both of those two oldest available releases produce the same hang when running on Ubuntu. The installers are in graphical mode and at the end of certain progress windows, I get pop up errors that the program is unresponsive. No amount of selecting "wait" leads to it completing the install. 

INSTALLED LATEST RELEASE 22.1 ON UBUNTU 

I went to the other extreme, the current version of Quartus, and attempted the installation. It did seem to install properly, although it did not set up environmental variables required for the application to execute. I will fiddle with the system in order to fire it up and see whether it is able to successfully execute the TCL scripts that were the roadblock on my Windows versions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment