Thursday, March 23, 2023

Preparing USB bootable Ubuntu to attempt to recover the VMWare disk image

UBUNTU DOWNLOADED AND PUT ON USB DRIVE

I built a USB drive using Rufus to load the Ubuntu ISO file in order to boot the virtual machine with it. That would give me a working Linux system with which I could run the fsck utility to check and repair the virtual disk drive. It may not be possible but I hope it will work so that I can recover my work. 

ATTACH THE USB DRIVE TO THE VMWARE IMAGE IN ORDER TO BOOT IT

Next issue - of course - is that VMWare Player is not seeing the thumb drive, although it has successfully seen all my other drives when inserted. I am now chasing down information about correcting this to boot up. Alternatively I can load the Ubuntu image and access it as a virtual floppy, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment