Saturday, June 15, 2024

SSM 1053 prepared to go home

PACKING FOR SHIPMENT

I prepared the typewriter for shipment to ensure it is not harmed in any way during transit back to its home. Bubble wrap covers are on the three paddle cards that plug into the 1130 and the cables are neatly wrapped and tied. It is in a box labeled Fragile, Caution, and This Side Up. 

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETED

Since I am not likely to be present when the typewriter returns to SSM, I put together detailed instructions including plenty of pictures to guide the museum technicians in the mounting and reassembly of the printer onto the 1130 system. 

NEW DEMO PROGRAM BEING PREPARED TO USE WITH MUSEUM VISITORS

I am working out a demo program for the museum that will provide a range of activities, using different peripherals and parts of the machine, to provide maximum flexibility. I will send it to SSM once it is tested and working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment