RESUMING CLAUDE WORK
Another few hours, still zip. I gave up when finally it did a screen scrape and found some report of issues with TinyUSB and the PICO board support. It then recommended giving up on the Arduino IDE approach and going over to the Visual Studio code that all the other AI systems found and regurgitated.
DISCOVERY ON MY OWN - CODE OFFERED BY AI FLAWED IN KEY WAY
I did my own research and came across an important detail that the code provided by Gemini configured the key hardware configuration file for the SPI connection to the microSD card holder in a way that doesn't make sense.
The Raspberry Pi PICO has two SPI components - SPI0 and SPI1. For each, there are only certain pins that can be assigned for the clock, MOSI, MISO and chip select operations of those SPI components. The code from Gemini configured the SD card as SPI0 with SCLK on GP10, MOSI on GP11, MISO on GP12 and CS on GP13. Those pins are okay for SCLK, MOSI, MISO and CS but for SPI1, not for SPI0.
No wonder the SPI component was hanging up or not working properly. No wonder it couldn't read the card descriptor or other data from the card.
GOING TO HAVE TO REBUILD MY VISUAL STUDIO AND PICO SDK ENVIRONMENT
I had to restore Visual Studio to the point where it can again successfully build software for the PICO. I can then try to get the code built and try it out, now that I have the SPI functionality issue resolved.
No comments:
Post a Comment