Thursday, May 19, 2022

Progress report on signal mapping project

COMPLETED 9% OF THE ALD PAGES, SOME STATISTICS

Reaching the end of my ALD Volume 1 with 21 pages captured, I have 611 signal locations recorded. This is strictly the outputs and off compartment connections from those pages. 

I will continue on with the project since continuity testing this number of locations is going to take less than one hour, not counting rest and sanity breaks. I projected this with a beep rate of a bit under 5 per minute on average. 

I have been adding in signals and pages I captured from various sources for features that are not on this system and some that are not installed on my 1130 either. This maximizes the utility of this database for any future IBM 1130 restoration or study. 

Features included this way are the plotter, 1442 card reader, 1132 line printer, synchronous communications adapter (SCA), paper tape reader, paper tape punch, 2501 card reader, and Storage Access Channel (SAC). The only feature that is missing entirely is the 1231 Optical Mark Reader as I have not encountered any ALDs with that feature configured.

READY TO WIRE WRAP TO REPLACE THE TWO TEMPORARY JUMPERS

I will apply some wire-wrap connections to replace the temporary jumpers that I added in two locations to compensate for broken/open traces on backplanes. Any additional missing traces will be repaired similarly, once I verify that a jumper resolves whatever problem that lead me to the failed trace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment