Sunday, July 24, 2022

Latch handle finished and installed - rear door works properly

ADDING THE SCREW THREADS AND PAINTED THE HANDLE

Using my trusty 4-40 tap, I added the threads to the handle, verified how it connects to the latch mechanism, and then painted it a nice gray that works well with the various gray tones of the 360 and 1130 color schemes. 

New latch handle on the latch

ASSEMBLING THE LATCH MECHANISM

I had to wait for the paint to fully dry before completing the reassembly. The 4-40 screws threaded in from the rear of the latch mechanism into the new handle just as intended. I put the entire assembly back together, ready to install. 

REINSTALLATION ON DOOR AND TEST

It was a simple matter to reinstall the latch mechanism into the door. I then operated the handle, tested its latching and unlatching, before considering this restoration task complete. 

Door closed and latched


VIDEO uploaded 

No comments:

Post a Comment