Thursday, October 10, 2024

no hurricane damage at workshop and home

HURRICANE MILTON PASSED OVER US, THE CENTER ABOUT TEN MILES NORTH

My home had no water entering or other damage. The condo buildings had one palm tree knocked down, falling into an empty visitor's parking spot. Electricity and water remained on throughout the storm. It was less noisy inside than the hurricanes of two years ago. When the eye was overhead and everything got quiet, I was able to walk the dog. 

I drove to my workshop where I verified that not one drop of water entered under the regular or rolling door, the building was undamaged and the air conditioning remained on. This is good news, even if I did spend an hour lifting boxes of paper and other items from the floor to protect them from possible water damage, plus spreading covers over machinery and special documentation. 


1 comment: