Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Disconnecting wiring bundles from sequencer box - part 2

BUSY FEW DAYS, LESS TIME IN SHOP

I guided visitors around the Space Force Museum at Launch Complex 26 today in one of my scheduled volunteer commitments. We had bigger than normal crowds with so many here for the final Delta program launch tomorrow - a Delta Heavy will launch a National Reconnaissance Office mission.

My return home was slowed when the used fairings were being trucked back onto base, requiring traffic to stop for a while. 


I also have visitors coming tonight and will be spending time with them over the next few days, which cuts into my time cleaning rodent filth, dirt and rust. Still, I did get to the shop and invested a couple of hours today. 

I discovered that with a wire brush, I could get the thick sludge off the raw DC power supply enclosure, thus it will be ready to reassemble after I clean off the remaining wires. The line filter box is also cleaning up sufficiently to begin assembly. I only have one portion of the line filter which has rusting that must be treated with Naval Jelly. 

DISCONNECTING COMPONENTS IN THE BOX FROM THE BUNDLES

It was time to unwire parts inside the box to free up the bundles and remove them. This did require removing terminals from devices such as the contactor and circuit breaker, but I was able to detach relays, switch, time delay, convenience outlet and fuse holders so they could remain connected to the bundle for now.

DISCONNECT BUNDLE FROM TB1 AND THE SMS CARD CONNECTOR

I pulled the connections off the SMS connector that holds the power sequence logic. In addition, the bundle was attached to multiple points on TB1. Fortunately, the bundle wires run to the top row of screws of this horizontal terminal block so it was very easy to disconnect them.  

I believe I will be able to pull the bundle I just disconnected inside the sequencer box, which gets me very close to having the bundle loose for replication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment