Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Finished disassembly and did more cleaning of the raw DC power supply

REMOVING DIRT, GREASE AND MOUSE URINE FROM THE DC SUPPLY

I removed the remaining capacitors from the enclosure. I then unmounted the transformers in order to clean the bottom of the box. I swept out the dirt and the many shell fragments of the small nuts that the mice were dining on. 


NEED WIREBRUSH AND THEN RUST CONVERSION TREATMENT

The stains are so thick in places that I just can't get though it with paper towels and cleaners. I will be receiving wire brushes this evening and will use those to get the sediment out of the box. I then will use a treatment to convert any rust to an inert compound that will seal and protect the box. The product I am using is a gel which can be completely washed off, not a liquid that might seep into areas and continue interacting. 

PLAN FOR MORE CLEANING OF THE TRANSFORMERS AND WIRE INSULATION

There is a coating on the insulation of all the wires in the box which I will clean off with 409 and paper towels. Not too aggressive, but clean it up quite a bit. I will also wipe around the transformers and visually inspect them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment