Sunday, September 27, 2015

Getting camera visibility with the fiber optic camera, plus fpga touchup

1053 CONSOLE PRINTER RESTORATION

I didn't have much free time but I did get into the workshop and inserted the fiber optic camera into several vantage points wide enough for the head to clear. My goal was to get a view of the unattached spring and the hook on the back of the tab interposer where the spring needs to be connected. If I can see it, then I can probably maneuver a tool in, through another opening, and accomplish the deed.

I got a pretty good view for seeing the unattached end of the spring, but not quite the end of the tab interposer where it should hook. Once I find a route in, I will hook the end of the spring in preparation to pull it forward towards the interposer tang where it should be attached.

Loose end of spring, down inside mechanism, using endoscope to see it

SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

I completed the logic for the virtual 1442 adapter with its ability to ignore any IO directed at area code 2 unless it is ready (meaning active on the PC). This is important for when I leave the IBM built adapter inside the 1131 enabled, particularly if I want to use the real 1442 reader/punch.



No comments:

Post a Comment