Saturday, January 1, 2022

Adjusted M1000, now operational, but right side notch fix not working

 ADJUSTMENTS MADE

With my spring scale to determine proper belt tension, I was able to set the motor mounts in the proper position so the belt won't skip teeth or be overstressed. I then put the timing tooth wheel back on the shaft, adjusted it planar with the center of the magnetic sensor and verified that the gap between teeth and sensor pole is .007".  The reader is back to reading cards.

TRIED A RIGHT SIDE NOTCH CARD BUT RECEIVED A READ CHECK

I had made the modification that I believed would fix the issue with cards having a diagonal notch on the right upper side of the card, wherein the card reader throws a spurious Read Check error because it sees some light at a time when it thinks, at column 81, all cells should be dark. 

I will have to put the scope on the card to see what is actually occuring. I may not be picking up the CR81 signal that indicates we are at column 81 time, I may not be correctly pulling row 12 down to a dark state, or there may be some other issue I didn't anticipate giving me the error. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. a Happy New Year to you and all the other readers of this blog

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning Pelles C!!! I've wanted a C toolset under Windows10 but never wanted to tackle VisualStudio. I tried Pelles years ago without much success, but now I believe I'll give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete