Tuesday, February 22, 2022

My 1130 Extender PCB intended to arrive today (early!) - due to idiocy it may be tomorrow or never

DHL INFORMED ME IT WILL DELIVER THE BOARD EARLY

The PCB, listed as scheduled for delivery on the 24th, was out for delivery today, the 22nd, ahead of the estimated date. It is coming by DHL Express. I set up the delivery to skip signature, asking them to leave it at the door if they don't reach me. 

At 5:09 tonight, while my wife and I were home upstairs, the courier from DHL issued an exception claiming nobody was home and departed with my package. It is a condominium building and if they don't have a code like Fedex, UPS and the post office, they just have to hit the button for our unit and call us.

No ring from the courier. No package left at the door. I am told to go online and reschedule, which sounds like an infinite loop in the making as the dolt will not get in tomorrow, will still be unable to push a button on a directory, and therefore my PCB may never be delivered. 

MEANWHILE THE IOB6120 BOARD PROCEEDS THROUGH MANUFACTURING

They have laminated the sandwich after building the inner layer traces and are drilling the holes. Soon they will lay down copper, plate the vias and begin to etch the copper traces for the top and bottom layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment