Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Unable to get to workshop today, but key parts arrived

NEW TRANSPORT PULLEY HERE FOR 1053

This spring loaded pulley sets the proper tension on the cord that pulls the carrier left and right. The original IBM part had a nylon component which became brittle with age and snapped. This is a common failure on Selectric machines - I have seen it on three of six Selectric machines. 

ADDITIONAL LEDS ARRIVED, PREVIOUSLY GOT MORE 470 OHM RESISTORS

The LED replacement bulbs I build into the IBM nylon bulb holders consist of one of these LED bulbs, a 470 ohm resistor, and fine 26ga wire which mates those parts to the bulb holder. I now have enough to replace every bulb in the 1130 system.


WILL NOT GET MUCH TIME TOMORROW EITHER

I had volunteer duty at the museum at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station today, in two different facilities for four different tour groups plus small batches of visitors. That took the full day and kept me from the workshop.

Tomorrow the condominium where I live is having a fire inspection and as an association board member I have to accompany the inspectors and let them into various units and rooms. That too will chew up a large part of a workday. I look forward to Friday when I have a more normal schedule that provides time to get to the shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment