Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Traveling until Thursday, sourcing option to replace SAC Interface fpga board

I am on the road for a few days, back by Thursday afternoon. While I am away I don't expect to accomplish anything toward the 1130 project.

SAC INTERFACE FOR ADDING PERIPHERALS TO THE 1130

Since it is possible that my Digilent FMC Carrier S6 fpga board, at the heart of the interface box, has become inoperable, I did a bit of searching for alternatives. Digilent discontinued the board shortly after I bought it, making a direct replacement unlikely - none are on ebay at this time.

I need a high IO count board to support the 77 signals over the SAC interface plus a reasonable number of signals to whatever devices I control with the box. This rules out many of the more common development boards.

I did come across the ZTEX line of boards which will provide 100 input-output signals using a Spartan 6 fpga. The USB firmware and software on a PC is not the same as with the Digilent board, but it does appear it would fit the bill. At 89 euros, it is less expensive than the Digilent original.


No comments:

Post a Comment