Busy day today at work plus I seem to have wrenched my back while fighting with the accursed shed, which his slowing me down. Still, I had success on a couple of fronts.
NEW KEYPUNCH INTERFACE DEVELOPMENT
I settled on a means of displaying the card columns just under the horizontal scroll bar, implemented the code and will be doing a bit more testing before considering it complete. There are some changes to make to allow the IBM 1130 simulator format cards to display the non-ASCII glyphs for the cent sign and logical not character. A few other conversion changes to make, but essentially this is just tweaking
READ TAPE OF 1130/1800 SOURCE CODE
The tape arrived this evening, in good shape. I will load it on a friend's tape drive and see what we have on the reel.
QUICK BUILD OF BRIAN'S CARD READER INTERFACE
I found one other wiring error, corrected it, and got the whole process working flawlessly. A friend wanted the source code for the ECAP program for the 1130, a circuit analysis/simulation application. I had the cards, four and a half boxes (each box holds 2,000 cards) worth, and processed them through the interface.
Video of cards being read
REPAIR OF VECTREX GAME CONSOLES FOR DGM
I completed one of the two console repairs and it is ready to return to the Digital Game Museum. The other one has some problem causing strange scrambled video output. Once I diagnose what component is causing the problem, I should be able to correct it.