Friday, May 20, 2022

Building looms and connectors for Memory Load tool, continuing to build database of 1130 signals

WORKED ON THE MEMORY LOAD TOOL

I want good solid, reliable connectors onto the relay boards for the connections back to the Arduino. The relay board has a header strip, standard .1" pitch, with the eight relay control inputs, VCC and ground pins. I chose stranded wire as it is less likely to snap under repeated bending or movement, crimped into terminal that are pressed into the housings to create the connector.

The three wire looms are completed and laced up, with the connector attached to one end. I verified proper operation of the relay boards through the loom. Next up is hooking all 19 signals and multiple power lines from the loom to the Arduino shield. I began the task but it will take some time to be sure that this is done correctly.

Two of the three wire looms for Memory Load tool

Beginning connections to the Arduino shield

PROGRESS ON OFF BACKPLANE SIGNAL DATABASE

By this point I have completed 1/5th of the ALD pages, moving along at about the pace I expected when I began the project. I spend about four hours a day doing this work, the rest is spent in the shop on other activities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment