Thursday, May 19, 2022

Continued build of Memory Load tool, continued entry into database of signals on backplanes

CONTINUED BUILD OF THE MEMORY LOAD TOOL

On the Arduino shield there is a 7805 regulator chip with heatsink to  generate the +5V needed for the Arduino and relay boards from the +12V sourced by the IBM 1130. I built this and tested its operation. 

I began creating connectors to hook the relay boards to the Arduino in its project box,  where I solder the other ends of those wires to a shield for a more reliable connection to the Arduino. I began lacing the wires together to form a proper wire loom on the connector for Console Entry Switches 8 to 15 which are controlled by the leftmost of the relay boards. 

I did some testing of the wire loom and relay board, but did not complete the lacing nor start the soldering to the shield. Next visit to the workshop will have me finish this connector and move on to the next two relay board connectors. 

CONTINUING TO ENTER SIGNALS FROM THE ALD TO THE DATABASE

I go to 13% completion on the data entry pass 1. This is where I record all the output signals (right hand side of each ALD page) and all the off-backplane signals running over the cables between compartments. The next pass is where I record where each of the signals, when they are inputs on the left side of the ALD page, are routed to card pins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment