Saturday, August 24, 2024

Making the repair on the core stack - part 5

FINISHED ROUTING WIRE TO E2 SOCKET GROUND PIN FOR BIT 7 REPAIR

I insulated my splice to the new section of wire and positioned it for its passage between the cards at E3 and F3. I then soldered it to the D08 pin on E2 and verified by ohmmeter that everything was working electrically. 

Grey wire barely visible running to open slot E2

REPLACED SLT CARDS, POWERED UP AND RAN MEMORY TESTS AGAIN

I put the SLT cards back in place once I was done. The machine was ready for some testing, using the Storage Load and the Storage Display functions to loop through memory. This worked great with all zeroes and with all ones. 

STORED SOME 1 AND 0 VALUES FOR BIT 7 IN EACH 2K OF MEMORY 

This gave me evidence that the sense/inhibit wires were good as the machine could inhibit writing a 1 and also could detect a 1 when reading a word. 

TOGGLED IN PROGRAM TO TEST THE KEYBOARD AS A VERIFICATION

This time I was able to toggle in the program and run it successfully. Hopefully this would wrap up the memory issues and let me move on to the rest of the restoration. At this point I consider the memory healed and ready for normal use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment