Monday, September 16, 2024

Updated PCBs on order for the Cycle Steal (DMA) Core Loader

NEED FOR BODGE WIRES REMOVED BY NEW VERSION OF THE PCB

Having determined the correct design and wiring for the board by way of the bodge wires and testing, I now know how to build this with no modifications necessary. I redid the PCBs in KiCAD and sent them off the JLCPCB for manufacturing. I expect to get them back in less than two weeks.

WILL REPLACE THE MODIFIED UNIT WITH A NEW ONE

I will remove the wiring and the 0000 card from the VCF 1130 I am restoring, add the new wiring to the header and ready the system for testing a 'production' version of the loader. Once I build the new card I will put it into the system and run it through its paces to verify everything is good. 

WILL BUILD A SECOND LOADER FOR THE SSM MACHINE USING NEW PCBS

Using the new PCB, I will put together a loader for the 1130 at the System Source Museum. When I get up to visit them I can install it so that they have a fast way to loading core. 

No comments:

Post a Comment